Transfering Word Processor Files to PC

Discussion in 'Software' started by jrex, Jun 12, 2006.

1. jrex

jrex Private E-2

Hello Everyone.

Does anyone know anything about transferring word processor files to PC? My parents recently came into the computer age and they have files saved from their old word processor. They would like to transfer them, but do not know how. I don't know either. :confused:

The files are from a Smith Corona word processor and are in ASCII format. The computers are running Windows XP SP2.

Can anyone help? Thanks!!!

2. Milty_Mada

Milty_Mada Private E-2

What kind of outputs does the word processor have? A floppy disc? Anything?

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

4. jrex

jrex Private E-2

The word processor used 3.5" diskette. The files were saved as a .PWP file. The user manual said to convert the files to ASCII, which we did. When we put the disks into the PC a window asking to format the disk pops up. I am assuming that formating the disk would erase any info on it?

5. jrex

jrex Private E-2

Thanks for the reply, I have been stumped. I have not been able to find anything online. I even tried calling Smith Corona and got nowhere. Thanks again!:)

6. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

So, did the vbcode work? Curious since I've never tried it myself ....:)

7. jrex

jrex Private E-2

I downloaded to vbcode, but haven't been able to try it out yet. I and my parents' computer is in two different places. As soon as I try it, I'll let you know.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds