Transferring from XP to Win7: How do you...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dumb_Question, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Dumb_Question

Dumb_Question Sergeant Major

in IE9 in Win7, resting on IE symbol in the tesk bar (is it called, along the bottom of the screen) I frequently see more small images of the tabs I have open than I see tabs along the top of screen when I switch to a tab...so when I've IE9 window open, the tabs I see don't correspond the tabs I haave open...this is very confusing and can lead to having the same site open in more than 2 tabs unintentionally especially when I have more than 4 or 5 tabs open...how to display all open tabs when viewing one tab/site ?

Dumb_Queston
    31.August.2012
    HP Pavilion dm4 1050ea Windows 7 Home Premium

2. fatgeek

fatgeek Private E-2

What you see on the taskbar is open windows and open tabs. Along the top you will only see the tabs of the window you are looking at, not other open windows behind, to see them you must minimise the window at the front, click a tab in the taskbar or resize the current window etc.

3. Dumb_Question

Dumb_Question Sergeant Major

Thanks for your answer fatgeek, I think maybe what has happened is that I am running more than copy of IE9 but that fact does not show up on the W7 task bar as clearly as it does in XP; I noticed that the IE 'picture' in task bar (by looking very hard) appeared to be made up of 3 leaves as if it were indicating I had three copies running, which is possible. I am guessing the only way to open the under-leaves is to open (maximise) all the copies at once. (my W7 notebook is not connected right now, so I'll try it later)

Thanks once again.

Dumb_Queston
    1.September.2012
    as from - HP Pavilion dm4 1050ea Windows 7 Home Premium

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds