Transferring microsoft access

Discussion in 'Software' started by pmar2uk, Mar 20, 2013.

1. pmar2uk

pmar2uk Private E-2

I have been helping a friend of mine update his office , but now need some help .He has been running microsoft access as a booking system for his plumbing jobs but running the program on his pc with the data being held on a server as a m drive .How do i transfer the whole lot onto a new workstation and do away with the server .The pc is windows XP and the server is 2003 .
    As windows 7 is now so good he wants to do away with server as it over complicates things and server is now very old .

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Of course, he'll need to have Access installed on the Windows 7 system. To move the underlying database to the Win 7 PC, you should be able to just find the file(s) on the "m drive" and copy it over to the Win 7 PC. It's no different than moving other types of files from one drive or folder to another using Windows Explorer.

I would be sure to save an extra copy of the database to a different folder or drive than the working copy in case data gets corrupted or lost when first trying to open the database on the new system.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds