Transporting a HD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Litterbox, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Litterbox

Litterbox Private E-2

I'm going to be taking the Greyhound to California, and bringing my girlfriend back with me. She's got 2 hard-drives that she needs to bring with her. They've got no shells to house them. Freshly gutted from the PCs.

I don't want them to get messed up in transit. We're thinking of wrapping them in some paper or something... What can somebody recommend? Mind you, we can't really "buy" anything, at this point. Time is a factor, so common household items would be favored.

Thanks.

tl;dr - What can I put a HD in to keep it safe during a long trip?

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

They don't require much molly coddling, just protection from being jabbed by the corners of other luggage in the hold. I would keep them in the centre of your bag. Clothes are good wrapping material.

3. Creativeballance

Creativeballance Private First Class

I second that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds