TrayApp window won't go away...

Discussion in 'Software' started by andie1, Oct 21, 2005.

1. andie1

andie1 Private E-2

the last few days. I don't have a clue where it came from or what it applies to - I must have done something...

I have XP, don't use Outlook (use Eudora), use AVG, have HP printer.

Should I do a repair on my Windows installation or is it something else?

I can't even shut-down the computer properly so as to install the Windows Updates I downloaded the other day. As a matter of fact, the "Turn Off Computer" in Start Menu doesn't respond in any way with this window insisting on being on my desktop (have to push the button until it shuts itself down but it still doens't install the Windows updates when that happens).

Does anybody know what I should do, and clues or idea?

Thank you very much for your help :)

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

See if this might apply or ring a bell:

The 0Spam.com TrayApp is a program for Windows NT/2000/XP (and probably
    95/98/ME) that integrates the 0Spam.com service and your POP E-mail client
    (Outlook or Eudora currently supported, please E-mail us to report a new
    E-mail client you use.).

The TrayApp remains in the background and waits for your E-mail client to
    check the mail. The TrayApp will then halt the E-mail client, clear your
    account of junk mail, and then resume the E-mail client to allow your clean
    mail to be downloaded. For best results, you must set your E-mail client to
    check for new mail no sooner than every 4 or 5 minutes

Steve

3. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

Did you try system restore?

4. andie1

andie1 Private E-2

Fixed it!! Guess what. I had to put my Front Page disk in last week and I guess it felt like it didn't finish it's "reinstall/repair" and THAT is what the TrayApp was referring to. I finally had to start putting the disk in for each program I had to find out what it thought it needed - glad it was only the 2nd program I tried :)

Thank you for your help!

5. billybo

billybo Private E-2

For all having trayapp problems, (i have vista), every time I log on, trayapp starts to
    down load, requesting a disk, (which I don't have), so I have to hit cancel a million times to stop it. My problem is not solved, but this is what I did to stop the down loading
    for now. Go to start, type msconfig ... go to startup ... look for (Windows DE) ...
    uncheck Windows DE ... then hit Apply ... and restart. This will not fix the trayapp problem, but will stop you from pulling your hair out, (you should see my hair)
    Hope this helps. Good luck ...billybo .

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

billybo, check the date. andie1 was asking for help in October 2005 and fixed it then.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds