Trend Micro PC-cillin/LSASS Vulnerabilities

Discussion in 'Software' started by Allofthegang, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Allofthegang

Allofthegang Private E-2

I have performed all software suggestions from this site regarding spyware/antivirus. I have Windows XP w/ Service Pack 2. I have Intel 512, 80. I just switched from Norton's 2005 to Trend PC-cillin. Almost immediately the message appears, "Detect MS04-011-LSASS Vulnerabilities." This message tells you to run a manual scan and emergency lock down. I ran the scan and nothing shows up. I have Microsoft Automatic Updates but double checked and there is nothing there to run. I used the Microsoft Malicious Tool Removal and it picks nothing up. I checked w/ Microsoft thinking I have the virus and they told me to run AVG in safe mode. It came up with nothing. I have Spybot, AVG Free Edition, Ad-Aware SE Personal. This problem came up almost immediately. It apears like every two minutes. Also it tells me that it has detected Microsoft Vulnerabilities and list as a High Risk # MS04-027 and as a Very High Risk # MS04-028. This only occurred after installing Trend Micro PC-cillin. When I refer to Trend's site where they list their viruses this is not listed. Does anyone have any ideas?

AlloftheGang

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2005
  2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

First of all, I am not getting the impression that you HAVE the sasser virus, but are merely VULNERABLE to it. That would explain why your virus scanners aren't detecting it.

Secondly, there are all kinds of tutorials about the sasser fix. Google Sasser fix, and I'm certain you'll find the steps to remedy the problem. This is somewhat baffling though, as I was under the impression that Microsofts updates had addressed this issue.

Thirdly, if you are running more than one local AV app (you've listed PC-cillin and AVG Free), you can run into problems. I'd stick to running one.

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

if you have SP2 installed, you should be fine. It's probably a false positive. Not sure why it would flag though. However, I would bet that if you were vulnerable that you would have had a multitude of viral problems a long time ago.

4. Allofthegang

Allofthegang Private E-2

Kodo

Thanks for the help

5. Allofthegang

Allofthegang Private E-2

Mada_Milty

Thanks for your help!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds