tring to recover my flip videos

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dolphin55, May 20, 2012.

1. Dolphin55

Dolphin55 Private E-2

Ok had issue with my operating system on my HP Pavilion tx 1499 running Vista .I restored it but made an error and did not restore from a point.And it partitioned a D drive.Is there any way even safe in mode to recover my flip library from D partition ?:-o

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

I don't think Recuva will work if the partitions were formatted. You went from a single C: partition to a C: and D: partition?

You might try PowerDataRecovery to see if it finds any files. Ideally you would run it on both the C: and D: partitions and copy any files it finds to an external HD. The reason to use the external is because as you copy the files from their original location you are writing to the HD and could corrupt other files you want to recover. The Lost or Damaged partition recovery options would be the ones to try. They won't try to rebuild the partitions but will only look for lost files so your current Vista partition won't be changed.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  3. Dolphin55

Dolphin55 Private E-2

Ok will give it a shot ,Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds