Trogan removed, now no keyboard

Discussion in 'Software' started by blueweevil, Apr 13, 2013.

1. blueweevil

blueweevil Private E-2

Trogan = no typing! Had a trogan and removed it with Malwarebytes. Now my Dell laptop (studio I1735) keys are dead and I can’t type at all without an external USB keyboard. In Device Manager, I do not see any mention of keyboard. I took the battery out and put it back in. I searched for Windows Vista Home Premium updates and after updating, still no keyboard action. Are there free drivers that I can install to get the keyboard back?

2. K@ABC

K@ABC Private E-2

Dell has a post for solving this issue. I hope it works for you.
    http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19345921/19748332.aspx

Note when you remove the battery and power cable you also need to drain any "flea power " (residual current in the circuit board). Do so by attempting to turn the laptop on without any battery or power cable connected.

If it's a driver issue you can download the driver for the Logitech Dell Wireless Desktop Keyboard & Mouse bundle directly from Dell Support.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If you have had a "Trojan" = malware then are you fully free of this pest!? if you are not you may still have issues, and while malwarebytes is superb at removing most malware, there are malwares that need manual expert help, so follow this HERE and if malware is found then post a new thread in the malware forum and attach the logs.

BUT you can try as the keyboard is likely part in parcel of the chipset driver, to re-install the chipset driver for your model PC HERE

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds