Trojan Horse virus on system

Discussion in 'Software' started by kdum8, Oct 18, 2004.

1. kdum8

kdum8 Private E-2

Help! I am getting the message that I have a trojan horse virus located in "C:/system volume information\_restore{6B28815F -93FC-4FEF-B6A0- 51F7A FOBE8B5}\RP243\AOO43057.exe" I have AVG antivirus but a complete system scam with that software doesn't pick it up. How can I remove this virus? Any ideas?
    Thanks. My PC specs are:

Windows XP Professional SP2
    Fujitsu Amilo D 997MHz Laptop
    256MB Ram

2. MechGeek

MechGeek Private First Class

It is in your system restore file. You need to turn-off system restore, re-boot your machine, and then you can re-enable system restore, and reboot again. Doing this should have completely deleted all restore points. I am not familiar with AVG, but i know several anivirus programs have problems with, or just can't, clean out virus in the restore files. Once you reboot you might want to manually create a fresh restore point so you know you have a good one to go back to.

3. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

4. BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey Master Sergeant

Good Luck

5. orcdom

orcdom Private E-2

i am having problems of getting rid of trojan.Qhosts on xp and symantec says you have to disable the system restore because "microsoft designed windows to keep other software out of system restores" then reboot and enable like the other person said to reset everything.
    Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds