Trojan Killer v2.0

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Apr 25, 2009.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

On yesterday's MajorGeeks front page, I saw the program Trojan Killer listed. I hadn't heard of it before so I thought I'd check it out. The MajorGeeks description says it's freeware which I thought was cool. I like to find out more about apps before I use 'em, and usually go to the developer's page for more info. Trojan Killer is developed by an outfit called Grindinsoft, and here's the link to their Trojan Killer page: http://gridinsoft.com/trojankiller.php You can plaintly see that it is NOT freeware after all. There's apparently a 15 day trial, after which you're required to pay an astounding $37.00 to continue use. I was hoping that maybe MG could update the info to say that Trojan Killer is not freeware, but actually $hareware.

BTW- has anyone used Trojan Killer? Is it any good?
    :-D

EDIT- I just read some stuff at the Trojan Killer forums. It appears that the removal feature of Trojan Killer is crippled until the activation code is purchased and entered. So it will detect malware, present the user with a list, and that's it. No malware removal until they receive payment. :(

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds