Trouble getting ms 7050 mb to post

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mcnock, Aug 31, 2011.

1. mcnock

mcnock Private E-2

I just picked up a ms 7050 1.2 939 MB from ebay -parted out from a HP desktop.

It reports "power supply" overload - with 2 different power supplies.

The ebay vendor kindly sent out a 2nd replacement. Same error with same 2 power supplies.

Has anyone used one of these out of the HP case it came from?

Can anyone review what I am doing wrong?

My steps

1) Place MB on clean cloth

2) Insert CPU and heatsink (just validated to spin up on av8 mb)

3) Attach power supplies, with both connectors.

4) Attach led and start and reset cords

5) Turn power supploy on. a small led light on MB comes on.

6) Hit on switch. Nothing physical happens. No cpu fan. No ps fan.

7) PC pwer light flashes 4 times. HP manual says this is because of PS overload. Power supplies are way big enough a(380 and 600)

THANKS!

2. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

Hi

Have you verified that the pinout on the motherboard isn't proprietary, and is compatible with standard ATX power supplies? I'm guessing that could be the issue, as using the wrong pinout would result in the wrong voltages going to the wrong parts of the motherboard.

3. mcnock

mcnock Private E-2

I was thinking that. I will dig through the documentation.

The ebay guy said to check the cpu\MB compatability. It may be off.

Sounds like I am doing the right thing - but just that I have incompatibilty between the only 2 items in play -- the power supply and mother board OR cpu and motherboard.

4. Silverloz

Silverloz Private E-2

I can confirm that the PSU connector is absolutely standard. I have just installed one of these (also bought from eBay) and it works fine. The toughest part was finding the pinouts for the front panel header, where the power and reset switches, etc are connected; so I've posted the information if anyone else needs it: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/loz-saunders/MS-7050/

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds