Trouble "pasting " into new Thread

Discussion in 'Software' started by JoeN, May 30, 2005.

1. JoeN

JoeN Corporal

When I use Firefox and try to paste a link into a Thread here at MG's I can't do it, that is when I right click in the composition box I don't get the context box that gives me the "paste" option, this dosen't happen with IE, this also happened with G-mail but I found that by turning off RTF and using "plain text" I had no problem pasting, if I try using "insert link" I 'm told I need to select some text first - any help would be appericated - THANKS

2. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

can you use keyboard shorcuts like <ctrl>+v ?

3. JoeN

JoeN Corporal

Yes, the key board function works fine, the "right click" function has me stumped though - thanks for the quick response Corporal P.

4. JoeN

JoeN Corporal

Would having the Java Console turned off have anything to do with this ???

5. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

It's a function of the javascript that is used with the enhanced RTE. It automatically disallows right clicking into the text box to assist in preventing javascript exploits.

6. JoeN

JoeN Corporal

Thanks Kodo, I did go and enable the Java Console and that still made no difference as far as the right click and pasting goes, so I assume that as long as there is an RTE in effect, I must use the key board function to paste - I do have another question about Java, I will start a new thread - THANKS again for the help

7. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Java Console has nothing to do with Javascript ... therefore enabling or disabling it won't make any difference.

8. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

I find, under Mozilla, that to paste anything into the message composition window, I have to use Edit -> Paste.

9. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

I'm not that familiar with Firefox so this may not apply. I did read about certain right-click functions not working in Firefox and the solution was to only install the All in One Gestures and leave the rest of them off.

Does that make sense to you guy's?

Steve

10. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

it's possible. but for this scenario , it's moot. The script itself denies pasting.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds