Trouble reaching my ISP's Website

Discussion in 'Software' started by barnburner, Dec 19, 2006.

1. barnburner

barnburner Private First Class

This one has me baffled. For about the past 3 weeks, I have been unable to access my isp's webpage (www.portal.net) I have contacted their tech support, and they are unable to figure out why.
    I'm using Windows XP, with the fire-wall that came with it. I've cleared all cookies, tried turning the firewall off. I'm using AVG Antivirus.
    All other website work fine - just this one doesn't work.
    Any ideas?
    thanks.
    Mike

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Opens to oracle .....????????

3. barnburner

Whoops - "typo". Correct address is:
    http://portal.htc.net/
    Sorry about that. I've searched every setting I can think about, and can't figure this out. Problem exists whether or not firewall is used, and it's the same problem regardless of which browser I use - Firefox or IE.

4. TimW

Are you setting it as your homepage ...and yes it did open correctly for me.

5. barnburner

No - I don't use it for my homepage. However, I really need to have it available, as it contains a lot of important info, as my internet access, direct-tv, and telephone service are all provided by this company.
    It's really got me puzzled, and my ISP's tech folks are stumped also. Up until a few weeks ago, I could access it anytime.

6. TimW

Have you gone to tools/ internet options / security / trusted sites and added the url?
    Or/and lowered your internet security settings?

7. barnburner

Yeah, altho Firefix doesn't have all that. Still, I went to IE and did it just for the heck of it. No change.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds