Trouble using Windows Movie Maker Version 5.1

Discussion in 'Software' started by shanrene123, Nov 15, 2009.

1. shanrene123

shanrene123 Private First Class

I have been trying to use Windows Movie Maker and when I try to "import" an audio file, either in wav or mp3 format -- I get an error message saying I do not have the correct "codec" installed. I see that Geeks has some Codec Packages for free download, but am unsure of which one I need. How would I find out which "codec" I need and where to get it? Thanks in advance for any wisdom Geeks can provide! ;)Shanrene

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version you using?

This Codec Pack is one I do like and use and will dispite its name, covers XP as well. it also covers most of the common codecs you would likely need.

3. boulsh

boulsh Private E-2

Yes I do have big problem with windows movie maker 5.1 when I try to make CD
    the programm doesn`t reconize my cd/dvd burner what can I do to fixe it. thanks
    By the way I`m usung Win XP Pro

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

boulsh, welcome to MajorGeeks.
    Please start here http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21
    and click the new thread button near the top left.
    You need your own thread for your problem.
    In addition to what you've mentioned above, in your post, please mention if the CD/DVD player works in other programs. If it doesn't, mention when it stopped working and what, if anything you have done to try and fix it, so we can give you better help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds