Trouble with BSOD ironically after driver installation

Discussion in 'Software' started by denis9083, Aug 6, 2008.

1. denis9083

denis9083 Private E-2

Hi i just recently built a new pc everything was working fine up until i installed a webcam + driver , then the BSOD error started - They happen only when the desktop icons are loading after a few boots the system succesfully makes it through the icon loading and i can play games an so what eva no problems after that and no BSOD when its working ever, until i reboot again and then the BSOD appears and i reboot couple of times and it makes it through

this is the error message

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

0x00000050 (0xAD6D80F0, 0x00000000, 0x8052A8D8, 0x0000000)

thats what i see on the blue screen i have tested the ram each with each slot same problem still occurs have also removed graphics card and run it on intergrated graphics problem still occures and yes i have removed the webcam drivers and it from device manager, have also cleaned the registry countless times

BTW im running winXP SP2

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

So, this problem started after installing a web cam and it's drivers, correct? And even if the web cam is not connected, and even with the drivers uninstalled, you still get the BSOD errors? Very strange. I did find this at the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q310869
    It's mainly about a scanner issue, but since web cams are very similar to scanners, the same issue may apply to your situation. I also found this:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ms793437.aspx
    I was going to suggest booting to the recovery console and running chkdsk C: /r and it is suggested in that link also, so it may be worth a try. You might also try a system restore to a date right before the web cam was installed. Several other links and more info can be found here.
    Scroll down a bit until you see the info for 0x00000050.

Good luck! I hope this helps!

3. denis9083

denis9083 Private E-2

i reinstalled windows and stayed clear of the webcam everything is back to normal now - thanks for the help

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds