trouble with directx 9.0c

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sythik, May 17, 2011.

1. Sythik

Sythik Private E-2

Microsoft Windows XP
    Media Center Edition
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 3

I had Directx 9.0c and everything was fine but for some reason I used Directx Eradicator 2.0. It removed directx, restarted, installed 8.1, restarted again. I tried the dxwebsetup to return to 9.0c to no avail. Each time I run it it downloads an 8MB update that doesnt do anything. I went to oldversion.com and downloaded 9.0b, which was a success, but I cant get back to 9.0c, the dxwebsetup still does the same thing.

Thanks for any help.

2. captcha

captcha Private E-2

This wont help but DirectX is not meant to be removed or installed. It's part of the Operating System.

3. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

I think you hosed your system. Do a reinstall, and don't play with parts of the OS that should be left alone.

4. Sythik

Sythik Private E-2

I have fixed it, I am back to 9.0c! I keep reading that 9.0c was apart of XP SP2. I uninstalled SP3 and when it was done taking me back to SP2 I had 9.0c again. I just went right back to SP3 now that I had solved the problem. IE8 was having trouble crashing alot so I went back to IE7 and then reinstalled IE8 again. Everything seems to be fine, just posting this incase anyone else has this problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds