Trouble with my laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sniggity, Dec 23, 2006.

1. sniggity

sniggity Private E-2

I can't get on the internet with my laptop at all. I'll start with the very last thing I did while online.

Two days ago I got an icon that appeared for me to update to the latest Firefox version. Well, I clicked it and everything went smoothly. Then the "Restore Session" popped up and I click "Restore Session" to get back to what I was doing.

After doing so, I get the dreaded "Page could not be found" in all my tabs. It's like my browsers have absolutely no connection to the internet whatsoever. I can't get on the internet with any browser I use. I've racked my brain the past two days trying to figure this out. I've created new network connections, reset my modem, router and just about everything you can think of to try and get my laptop to connect to a site, any site.

It says that I am connected in my Network Window and I have an "Excellent Connection at 56mpbs" on the little computer icon on the bottom right beside my clock. So, I tried pinging my computer's Ip address and it wouldn't ping properly, it gave me "Can't connect" or something like that.

It's like the computer is communicating with the router, but the web browsers just won't connect so I can get online.

Any ideas at all? I'm desperate at this point.

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

3. sniggity

sniggity Private E-2

Unfortunately, I've tried everything suggested and nothing works.

4. sniggity

sniggity Private E-2

I can even connect to the files of my other computers through the network, just not the internet.

5. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds