Trouble with NVIDIA driver...need help

Discussion in 'Software' started by pointer, Dec 27, 2005.

1. pointer

pointer Private E-2

Hello

I recently purchased a GeForce 6600 GT and installed it in my computer. I installed the driver that came with the card but I am having some issues with one of the games I play. I went to the Nvidia site to try and update my driver. I downloaded the latest driver and attempted to install it. When I try to install it the following message appears:

The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its integrity, and try again.

I get this same message on both of my computers with nvidia cards. I have tried downloading from mirror site, downloading older drivers, downloading a driver on a different computer and moving it over, etc.

I am out of ideas and I am thinking that the problem is not with the file but something else at my end. While attempting to install the drivers I have my virus protect and firewall diabled.

After downloading the file I get a Internet Explorer - Security Warning saying that the file has an Unknown Publisher and the file has been blocked.

I am out of ideas and looking for help any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Pointer

2. pointer

pointer Private E-2

Hey all,

Still working on this issue with no resolution in sight. I guess the next question is.

Is there i something in windows that I can turn off so that windows will not check the integrity of the file before opening it. When I try to run the exe I get the liscense agreement, it then reads the contents of the file but when it goes to check the integrity of the file that is where i have the problems. I am sure that there is nothing wrong with the file, windows just won't let me open it. :confused:

I am currently running Windows XP home with SP2 and all the current updates.

Thanks,

Pointer

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds