Troublesome Users Folder

Discussion in 'Software' started by dianne truro, Apr 26, 2017.

1. dianne truro

dianne truro Private E-2

I am working on a friends machine, (Win10) and for some reason there is a Users folder on the desktop. It is not a copy nor a shortcut, and there is another Users folder in C/: User/User which is exactly the same.
    As a test I deleted one picture out of the desktop/User/pictures folder on the desktop and it deleted the picture out of the C/: User/User/pictures folder. It appears that if I delete anything out of the desktop users folder it will also delete it out of the main users folder. The desktop folder exactly mimics the users folder on C:/ drive.
    How do I get rid of the Desktop Users folder, as I am worried she will get into it and delete something? She likes an uncluttered desktop, and is liable to delete this folder. It was here when I got the computer and I don't know how she got it on the desktop.
    I can find no way to move it, as Properties doesn't show up, either right clicking or in the ribbon. When I go into the desktop through users it does not appear in the desktop folder nor in the public or default section of the users/desktop, only on the screen desktop.
    upload_2017-4-27_11-58-8.png

Picture of right click mouse on folder.

upload_2017-4-27_12-0-30.png

Picture of the opened User folder on the desktop.

Any help appreciated.

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

I'm not near a Windows 10 PC right now - these instructions for Windows 7 should be similar for 10.
    Right-click the Desktop > Personalize > Change desktop icons.
    Uncheck User's Files, click Apply > OK.

Desktop.jpg

3. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

In Windows 10 from the far left bottom windows icon choose >

Settings > Personalisation > Themes > and below 'Related Settings' choose 'Desktop Icons Settings' and it is there as per Eldon's window above.

4. dianne truro

dianne truro Private E-2

Thanks Max and Eldon, should have found that myself......it is gone now :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds