True Or Not? - Windows Live Mail Email.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rookminka2017, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Rookminka2017

Rookminka2017 Private First Class

I got this from outlook@communication.microsoft.com in my Inbox.
    Does anyone know if this is true or a Hoax?
    I am running Win Ten Pro 64.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear user,
    In a few weeks, we will be making some changes to our email services that might impact your @outlook.com, @hotmail, @live or @msn email account. These changes will prevent your email from being delivered to the Windows Live Mail 2012 application that you use.

In order to continue using Windows Live Mail 2012 to send and receive email for your account, you need to install the latest update published here.

If you use Windows Live Mail 2012 on Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, we recommend that you switch to the built-in Mail app in Windows to stay connected and get the latest feature updates on Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

Windows Live Essentials 2009 and 2011 are not supported any more, and you will need to update to Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10 and use the Mail app, or use www.outlook.com. To learn more about the Mail app, please click here.

We also recommend all Windows Live Mail users on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 to upgrade to Windows 10 and use the built-in Mail application to stay connected and get the latest feature updates.
    We suggest saving this email so you can refer to it later.

Thank you for your understanding and continued use.
    Yours sincerely,
    The Outlook team

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

HERE's another from a trusted source

4. Rookminka2017

Rookminka2017 Private First Class

I use HOTMAIL not Outlook so should i install the Update?.

5. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

It only affects you if you use Windows Live Mail for your email. If you use a web browser for your mail you aren't affected.

6. satrow

Looks that way to me - but get whatever version you need for w10 - not from the MS link I gave for W7-8.1.

7. satrow

8. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds