TrueCrypt issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by mcsmc, Aug 13, 2008.

1. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

I have a TrueCrypt container I have some MS Word documents in. Whenever I open them, they open in read-only mode, so I'm unable to edit and save changes to them.

TrueCrypt settings screenshot attached (I don't have "mount volumes as read only" selected). The files themselves don't have "read only" selected in file properties, but the folder they're in has the "read only" box filled in (partial) on its properties. I've tried clearing that out and applying to subfolders and files, but it changes back.

How can I fix this?

2. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

No one?

3. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

The mounted file is read only. You may not have the option on but the files are read only, it was the default option when you created the volume.

You will find help files here: http://www.truecrypt.org/screenshots4.php

4. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

Thank you!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds