Truecrypt: Remember most of pw, but not all. Help?

Discussion in 'Software' started by twistedspark, Sep 11, 2011.

1. twistedspark

twistedspark Private E-2

I have a Truecrypt folder (not the system partition) inside which I have passwords for all my websites. Banks, market accounts, etc. I've accessed it hundreds of times over the years without a problem until now. It tells me the password is incorrect. I didn't think so, but I had backed up the file elsewhere and after getting the back-up I get the same result. So the file isn't corrupted, and the program isn't corrupted as it still works with other encrypted folders I have. Must be I'm remembering the password incorrectly. Right?

I know which characters I used, and the length, but must be mixing up which ones I substituted in my 27 digit password.

I know, I know. 27 digits would take an eternity to crack, but I know the specific characters and there are only 27 (coincidece I swear). I don't know how to make a wordlist for a brute-force cracker use just these though.
    I used the numbers: 0,1,3,7
    Symbols: @$!
    and letters: a c e f i l s u r z (both upper and lower case are possible)

I looked into using true.crypt.brute, but it uses all 96 possible characters (which it estimates would take a billion years), and to customize the wordlist apparently requires me to be using Linux. John the Ripper only works with an eight digit password. I looked at Unsecured, but it only runs on Back-Track. I only know Windows and DOS. :-o

Can anyone help me? Anyone know of a program I (major noob) can use where I can define the character set to just those possibilities and specify the length to just 27, no more, no less?

2. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds