Trying to connect a linksys wrt54g

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mastermosley, Feb 6, 2009.

1. mastermosley

mastermosley Sergeant

I'm trying to connect a wrt54g v5 linksys router. Its connected to the internet and to my computer but I can't use my internet. It shows my subnet mask as 255.255.254.0 and then switched to 255.255.240.0 a little while later. Is that the problem because the router is set at 255.255.255.0. Its connecting using DHCP settings and it shows my default gateway as 216.232.176.254 in my local settings but its actually 192.168.1.1. I'm also missing my host and domain address.

WHAT THE **** is going on? How do I get the subnet mask back to 255.255.255.0?

2. ericnumnutz

ericnumnutz Private E-2

have you tried resetting the router to factory default and doing a release and renew on your network adapter?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds