Trying To Connect My Printer After Windows 10 Upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by firedragon, Jan 17, 2016.

1. firedragon

firedragon Private E-2

Hi, I upgraded to windows 10, starting to regret that move, anyways, I have a HP laptop running windows 10 , 64 bit operating system, I have tried adding a new printer, then I deleted the existing printer trying to find it again, now wont find anything, I have no idea what to do or what I am doing wrong, please help. thanks.

2. ojdidit

ojdidit Private First Class

Since this is a new install I would just go back to a recovery point prior to the new printer install. And start over, carefully. If unsuccessful, I would try to update all pertinent drivers.

3. firedragon

firedragon Private E-2

the printer was working before I installed win 10, I have tried to update the drivers but there is no communication between the two.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Since you didn't give the brand and model, we have no way of checking if that printer is supported in Win 10. That might be the heart of the problem.

5. firedragon

firedragon Private E-2

sorry, its an HP officejet 8620

6. firedragon

firedragon Private E-2

thanks, I finally got it working,

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds