Trying to make Photo CD.

Discussion in 'Software' started by jackg304, Oct 18, 2010.

1. jackg304

jackg304 Private E-2

Win XP sp3

I have a lot of photos on my pc. I want to copy them to CDs. The problem is when I Burn them I only get files & not photos so this makes them useless for home CDs or DVDs.

When I did this before IE asked what I wanted to do with the photos. That doesn't come on now.

Can someone get me straight on this?,
    Thanks, jack.

2. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

What type of files are you getting and, what are their contents? :)

3. jackg304

jackg304 Private E-2

The files are Icons the photos not in thumbnail. I can get them on CD but I have to view in thumbnail & I can't do that with home player.. they are in my documents & i open them & i see the photos but when I copy them to disk I get Icons.
    Thanks, jack...

4. jackg304

jackg304 Private E-2

The files are GIF images....
    thanks, jack

5. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Don't recall the procedure, but there was a way to change that stuff to .jpg .

6. jackg304

jackg304 Private E-2

Thanks hrlow2...

Any one know where i might find this info? Thanks....

7. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

8. jackg304

jackg304 Private E-2

Thank You. I will download it & try it this pm..I will post the outcome...jack.

9. jackg304

jackg304 Private E-2

Hi hrlow2, got them in jpg format but that still doesn't solve my problem. I still get icons instead of photos.....I have made CDs a lot of times & I always got Photos. Could this problem be because I never upgraded the photo programs ( Sonic....Dell Studio ) that was on the PC when it was new?
    thanks for your advice, jack

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds