Trying to replace laptop hard drive-emachine

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by subron1, Oct 30, 2004.

1. subron1

subron1 Private E-2

I have an Emachine laptop (Eslate450k) that I am trying to replace the hard drive in - this is not my only computer, it is actually gift for my mom, and it is already paid for so please no replys like "throw it in the garbage and buy a new one", I am determined to fix this thing.

I have already removed all the obvious screws from the bottom of it and I have it to a point where I can begin seperating the motherboard tray from the keyboard tray, but whats holding me up is that it appears there is one screw holding the hard drive case to the under side of the keyboard tray and a couple of other screws attaching the hard drivecase to the motherboard tray.

I have so far only been able to seperate the two halves by about 1/3", the restriction of course being the hard drive case holding the two sides together. Now, I could possibly be wrong about the screws because of the fact that I don't have much of a view into the laptop thus far, but I'm fairly certain that one or more of these screws needs to be removed before I can continue. And if I am right about this, then I need some idea as to how I'm supposed to accomplish removing them with no apparent access allowed for a screw driver.

So if anyone knows how these things go together or (more importantly) how they come apart, please respond before I rip all my hair out!!

2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Maybe google " replace Eslate450k hard drive" or similar wording might help. Best of luck. Bazza

===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds