Trying to swap laptop HDDs and getting were results...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by numbers186, Oct 23, 2008.

1. numbers186

numbers186 Private E-2

Ok I have a HP Pavillion dv6345us and its using Vista Home Premium (32bit). The stock Hard Drive is a 160 gig and I have recently bought a 500 gig due to basically having cash on hand and also wanting to play around with linux, with out buying a new computer, I i am planning on just dual booting.

1. MY CD DRIVE DOES NOT WORK!!!! so using a boot disk is out of the question.

What i have done is I have made an Image of my 160 gig HDD with drive image XML from Runtime software and stored it on an external hard drive. I have hook my 500 gig HDD to a desktop at my house and formatted it and partitioned it, all of which are bigger then the partitions in my 160 gig HDD. I have also restored the image onto the new 500 gig HDD. When i put the 500 gig HDD into my laptop it comes up with an error and says the boot failed or something of that nature.

i will post im bout 10 minutes exactly what it says, but i will have to switch the HDDs out one more time.

anything that may or may not help is welcome.

thanks

-#s

2. numbers186

numbers186 Private E-2

when I boot it doesn't even make it to the loading screen. It says the following:
    pxe-e61: media test failure, check cable
    Pxe-m0f: exiting intel boot agent.
    Invalid partition table

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds