Trying to use a monitor instead of a laptop screen..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WilsonL, Jun 4, 2010.

1. WilsonL

WilsonL Private E-2

Hi guys.
    I'm in some trouble here and wondering if you guys can help. Well. First of all, i have a HP dv2000 laptop and the laptop screen got smashed. It has vista and i'm wondering if I can use my other monitor and use that as a screen instead of the broken laptop one.. and I can't set up if I have to go to control panel or something cause I can't see anything. Help! THANKS!

2. _dinsdale_

_dinsdale_ Corporal

I don't know that model, but most lappies have a keyboard shortcut using the FN keys to switch to the external monitor once you've plugged into your video out and powered it up.

Good luck

Dins

3. voodoo3rd

voodoo3rd Corporal

4. TheRealGEEK

TheRealGEEK Private First Class

You can use a monitor instead of a laptop screen. Just make sure that you switch your CRT/LCD key. Tell us if progress.;)

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

1. Connect the external monitor and be sure it is powered on
    2. Press Fn +F4 key to see a display on the external monitor for HP dv2000.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds