Trying to use Webcam on yahoo...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by msubenji, Jan 16, 2005.

1. msubenji

msubenji Private E-2

I am trying to get my webcan to use the super mode on yahoo messenger. I have a dsl connection and am behind a 4 port linksys router. I used these instructions but alas it did not work...

Open Internet Explorer.

2. After "Internet Explorer" opens type the routers IP Address into the "Address Bar" (By default the routers IP Address is http://192.168.1.1) and click the Go button.

3. The "Enter Network Password" window will appear. Skip user name and type in the routers password (admin is the default password) as the password, and click the OK button.

4. You will need to click on the Advanced tab to the very right. After the "Filters" area appears, please click on the Forwarding tab.

5. Once the "Forwarding" area appears, click the Port Triggering* button. Once you've done this, a new window will appear. Here is an example of how to fill out the ports:

*Note: If the “Port Triggering” button is not preset please goto http://www.linksys.com/download and download the latest firmware for your router.

Application Name TriggerPortRange IncomingPortRange

Yahoo 5100 ~ 5100 5100 ~ 5100

6. Once you've done this hit Apply, then Continue. Once you've done this Yahoo Super Cam should wok fine

.......................................................................................................

I am not using a proxy and I have a Bellsouth DSL conncection. From all indications it should be working but its not. I am at my wits end and can't seem to figure this out. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. msubenji

msubenji Private E-2

Sorry I forgot but I am using GE Easy Cam...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds