TSST corp cddvdw ts-l632h not burning to dvd

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bigblonde72, Dec 7, 2008.

1. bigblonde72

bigblonde72 Private E-2

i have a toshiba laptop (vista home premium 32 bit) and I am attempting to create a dvd of photos/vid clips of a recent holiday (non-copyright). I have tried using several burn programs including vista's own dvd maker and the dvd ejects saying that burn has completed yet when I put it back in the disc is BLANK!!

The dvd drive is TSST corp cddvdw ts-l632h on firmware v3 (which is latest i believe) and i am using dvd+r discs. I have never had a problem before and am getting to the stage where I am getting v frustrated :cry Incidentally it burns the pics on to cd with no problem whatsoever.

Can anyone give me any advice?!?!

TIA

2. mjt79

mjt79 Private E-2

I have the exact same problem with the exact same setup (Toshiba laptop, Vista, DVD+R discs) and it's driving me insane! Any solution??

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

bigblonde72: please post the model of the Toshiba laptop. The full model number will be on a sticker on the bottom. They look like A135-S2112 for example.

mjt79: please just observe this thread and see if the end result solves your problem; if not, please start your own thread. Having 2 people with similar problems on the same thread can get VERY confusing for everyone involved.

... and to the both of you...
    :wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major

:-D

4. mjt79

mjt79 Private E-2

as the first post was more than a month ago I just assumed this person was no longer around and as I have the exact same problem I added it here.

Toshiba Satellite A205-S5804 is the model number...I'm running Vista Home...

I've been searching online forums for a solution for 5 days now and have tried to read every possibility before asking for help as I know it's irritating to hear the same stuff over and over. But nothing has worked so far. I'm not a tech person at all but I can follow directions...

Basically the DVD burning process runs as usual, however the disc always comes out blank and I can see on the back that nothing has been burned. I first noticed this problem trying to burn the disc using the Windows burn program and it would say "formatting disc" and then "Windows cannot format disc." I've since tried the Toshiba program, Deep Burner, Cheetah and Nero and nothing works. I'm using the same discs I've always used Maxell DVD+R and am halfway through the pack and never had a problem with the others. I've made sure everything is in DMA, I tried deleting something about "higher" and "lower" in Regedit, and also something in Regedit about adding "NoCDBurner." I've uninstalled all the programs I've installed since I noticed this problem. I disabled Daemon Tools. I uninstalled and reinstalled the DVDrom driver. I downloaded a Toshiba firmware upgrade and it just made Windows go into safe mode...I've gotten all this off various forums and still nothing has worked!

Thanks for any help you can provide!

5. hotdiver8@yahoo.com

hotdiver8@yahoo.com Private E-2

i have the same problem to this drive, i suggest this model and brand to face out,as we buying unit,we axpect performance and durability,but this kind is so frustrating. i'm having compaq with the same dvd drive.hope the concerned company and client companies take action to this matter.

I hate this brand most this model,i plan to buy again,without this"TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L632H" in specs,even the name of the company,grrrrrrr

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds