TuneUp Utilities 2004 v4.1.2312 Install problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by Julian, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Julian

Julian Private E-2

Dear MajorGeeks Admin, i am having trouble installing TuneUp Utilities 2004 v4.1.2312. After clicking on the software's installer i am immediately faced with the error "Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid". I have downloaded the program twice, once from Planet Mirror and again from BTN. I asked my son to try and install it on his computer just to be sure it wasn't my computer doing strange things, but the same error message appeared. Can you please try to install the program on your computer and advise me as to a possible reason for this error. I am using Windows XP. I tried to download the program from the official website but was confronted with a 'legal notice'. Many thanks in anticipation of your reply. Sincerely, Julian.

2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

I'm just a member here.
    I downloaded on my test pc running Windows 2000 pro.
    Downloaded and installed used the authors link.
    Ran thru maintance scan, no problems or errors downloading, might be good program, 30day trial, maybe I'll check out for 29 days?? could be a good one.
    I'm connected on cable, Broadband high speed , on a old 333mhz IBM K6

3. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

I am also just a member
    Tuneup 2004 uses the windows installer program, if that program has somehow become damaged then the program will not be able to install.

I just tried installing the program I donwloaded from MG and there was no problems with it

I will assume that the problem lies with the installer itself

To correct the registration of the Windows Installer, unregister and then register the Installer service using the command line switches shown below. This shuts down and reregisters the service, which assures that the Windows Installer engine should function properly. Enter the following commands from a command prompt:

msiexec /unregister

msiexec /regserver

http://appdeploy.com/faq/detail.asp?id=77

Also read the following

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=290301

4. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

5. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

I have a feeling you will like this program quite a bit. I use it and like it a lot. I especially like the registry finder program they got in there. I use it to find registry keys that seem to want to hide from me. just type a keyword the program will find all the entries with that word it it.

I use it to completely get rid of entries that programs leave behind.

Once I have uninstalled the program. I type the name of the program in tuneup and you will be surprised how many entries it will find.

tuneup2004 also has many features that are very good.

6. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Hey Endiablado!
    after running maintance scan picked up about 50 problems, I thought my pc cleaned and tweeked prety good.
    Only ran a few minutes, I'll check it out more this weekend

O.K. enough or this old IBM for now back to XP2500 A7N8X deluxe

Good Luck Julian!
    all the links posted so far on the same track.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds