Turion vs Duo core

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by spencerous, Jul 27, 2006.

1. spencerous

spencerous Private E-2

I am looking to buy a new laptop and cant seem to find comparisons between the Turion and Duo core.
    I basically play mmorpg and just dont want to get stuck with another slow desktop replacement!
    Any opinions on which way to go?

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Apparently, Intel's conroe processor (Core Duo 2) is mopping the floor with everything else, but I haven't seen this for myself (its still early that processor has only been on the market since Sunday)

However, for gaming, you might be better off to buy a faster single core processor, as games can't use BOTH cores. (yet...AMD plans to change that with their quad-core CPU next year) Might save yourself ALOT of money that way.

3. spencerous

spencerous Private E-2

have you heard anything about core duo having heat issues?

4. XBladeX510

XBladeX510 Private E-2

i dunno much but i LOVE amd. its always better! And turion64 is the best cpu for a laptop on my opinion

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds