Turned on computer, and........

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Anon-15281db623, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

Nothing.

I put a motherboard and cpu that i got for free into a new case today. I reinstalled windows 98. I shut down the computer, so i didnt have it run overnight. Then i truned on the computer. The fans spin, the hdd spins everything seems to be working, but i have no video.

It worked last night, and now it doesnt. My monitor made the crackeling sound like the screen was going to pop up but then nothing...just blank.

Ive tried restarting manytimes, made sure all the connections whre secure, and various other checks.

The computer is an HP Pavilion 6630. Intel board, with a 500mhz celeron processor. 384MB Pc133 ram. 10G Hdd.

It has on board video. I think it is only a 1MB 16 color? That reallly sux.

Anyone have a clue to what is happening? Would a PCI card fix the problem. I dont have an agp slot.

Thanks

:cool:

coooked

Srry about the spelling, the keyboard on this thing, has a borken space bar. :(

2. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

It couldn't hurt to try the pci card... do you have another computer you can hook the monitor up to check against that being what's wrong?

3. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

Yes i do, and i tried it out, and the monitor works fine. I think it is the onboard video. Ill give a pci card a try.

Thanks.

:cool:

cooked

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds