Turtle Beach ME driver needed

Discussion in 'Software' started by scajjr, May 28, 2011.

1. scajjr

scajjr Sergeant

Trying to work on my dad's old computer, running Win 98SE. He has old games plus the old PFS-First Choice data base program (runs in a dos window).
    Anyway it was crashing all the time. Was able to boot into it and upgrade it to ME. Onboard sound wouldn't work, yes it was turned on in the BIOS, (mobo is a Asus A7V8X-LA out of an old Compaq, Athlon 3000, 512mb ram, 40Gb HDD, 64mbAGP video card) so I had an old PCI sound card. It's a Turtle Beach AU8830 Vortex 2 chip card, number on back is TB400-3356-01. I think it's a Montego (II?).

Drivers I have found on the web so far are in a install program that when i run it on his computer tell me it's expecting a newer version of windows (why drivers for 98/ME expect to find a newer version of windows running is beyond me).

Anyone know of a source for the driver that will actually install running ME?

I do also have a Soundblaster Live (model SB0200) but I couldn't seem to find a ME driver for it either.

Sam

2. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

3. scajjr

scajjr Sergeant

Thanks for the links. Ended up doing a fresh install of XP on his computer after a crash wiped out ME for some reason (wouldn't load again). Tried a few of the ones on nodevice.com but the Vortex 2 card never made a sound (showed no problem in the control panel) and none of the SB Live drivers worked (kept saying there was no SB card).

Ended up picking up a Diamond Extreme 5.1 at Staples for $20 and it works great.

Sam

4. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Thanks for the feedback.;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds