Two sound cards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jerseydevil, Mar 17, 2006.

1. jerseydevil

jerseydevil Private First Class

IF I install a second sound card will I be able to receive two streams of streaming audio?

2. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

I don't knows if that will work but having two sound cards is asking for problem the two cards will be in conflic with each others so most of the times your computer will hang freeze or crash everytimes you will play a sound...

So it's up to you.....

3. jerseydevil

jerseydevil Private First Class

Is there any way to get two streams of audio or video? One to watch and one to record.

4. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

I don't, did you try to search with google for some more info ???

5. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

As long as the two sound cards are not the same manufacturer or brand, you should have no problems. But as for two streams of audio, that would be senseless, due to without the correct software, it would be unlistenable.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds