Two Versions of Office

Discussion in 'Software' started by mark59, Apr 15, 2013.

1. mark59

mark59 MajorGeek

If I had two different versions of Microsoft Office on my PC how likely am I to have problems due to software conflicts?

Background: I already have a version of MS Office installed. However, I need to be able to open Publisher files. I don't have Publisher as part of my installed Office suite. I have discovered the only way that I can open Publisher files is to download a trial version of Office. It is no longer possible to download a standalone trial version of Publisher. The only trial version of Office available is the latest one.

2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

My suggestion is that installing the trial version of Office will probably automatically uninstall the older version as there would be conflicts.

Are you aware of OpenOffice or LibreOffice? They are both free Office alternatives and should be able to open publisher files.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds