Ubuntu on Virtual Machine

Discussion in 'Software' started by chinmayee, Mar 3, 2008.

1. chinmayee

chinmayee Private E-2

Hi

I have Ubuntu on virtual machine. I am able to ping to the local machines in the network using their IP and Mail address..

How can i get access to to web from inside the Virtual machine. Host machine is windows.

2. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

I would switch to Virutal Box. Its free and you can get it at virtualbox.org. It works better with Ubuntu. I have Ubuntu installed in it and i can access the web in Ubuntu with it.

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

That really isn't an answer pclover.

Please assist the user with the software they currently have. Replacement software is bad form.

What VM software are you using chin?

4. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

Yeah you are right. But when i had virtual pc web would not work in it no matter what i did. I switched to VirtualBox and then all my problems went away.

5. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

[​IMG]

For Virtual PC users, I've found the easiest way to get internet access to your virtual machines is to set the NIC to "Shared Networking (NAT)" mode.

This gets me web access on all my VMs in VPC 2K7: Win 98, Win XP, Ubuntu

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds