Ubuntu Printer Add Issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dhrystone, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Dhrystone

Dhrystone Private E-2

Good morning all,

I have a Dell Latitude 1525 laptop running Ubuntu, and everything works great except when I try to add my Windows printer. It's a HP DeskJet printer that is connected to a Windows Vista Dell Dimension desktop machine.

When I go into Samba and try to add the printer, I can see the network, but when I select it, the window suddenly disappears. I've tried reinstalling Samba and reinstalling CUPS, neither of which worked.

Anyone have an idea of something else I can try that might fix the issue?

Thanks,

David

2. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

Is the printer in a Windows Network? If so, you will need the name of the network and the name of the machine.

Do you have hplip and HP-GUI installed? They are found in Synaptic.

Here is my connection for my HP6940 :) I also have an PSC-1610 all in one via USB.

Code:
    smb://MSHOME/polaris/HP6940

Reference Add HP Printer from Ubuntu Forums

3. TIFA_COOKY

TIFA_COOKY Private E-2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R91MXHasjSM

I used this video to install my HP inkjet printer. After I selected the Hp printer I restared my PC. It was was very simple. I hope this helps. This also works with Linux Mint. :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds