uh oh, no green light showing up on the mother board?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Auto123, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Auto123

Auto123 Private E-2

ya know that free computer I presented in this thread http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1294107#post1294107

I got the original processor and the ram I ordered ended up not being to the description of the seller and it doesn't fit.

so I borrowed a 512 mb ddr stick from my buddy and put that into the machine, and put the original processor in to, and nothing showed up on the monitor. I was expecting to see the bios but nothing was displayed.

the motherboard looks like it'd brand new, and the fans power up and everything, but still nothing shows up on screen and I can't find a little green light on board.

can this comp be saved or should I get to selling all the peripherals I purchased for it?

thanks,
    -Tyler

2. Mark Philip

Mark Philip Private E-2

Auto123,restart the computer and if ever you don't hear the startup beep, try reseating the memory modules and the processor. If that doesn't work, check the monitor cable connections and the video card. gudluck!

3. Auto123

Auto123 Private E-2

tried reseating the ram and cpu, can't find a graphics card to try in the pci slot, plugged in speakers to test and still no beep.

this mother board maybe dead. :(

wish I could try another power source... or whatever it's called but I don't have any of those laying around either.

processor might be broken (or the memory), I will not call time of death until that processor arrives in the mail or until I can barrow a graphics card from one of my other friends.

$50 for a new motherboard!? (new mother board on the way for an old laptop for $25 shipped)

thanks so far,
    -Tyler

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds