1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Malware Removal' started by LilouNeedsHelp, Mar 15, 2010.

1. LilouNeedsHelp

LilouNeedsHelp Private E-2

Is UIU32m.exe malware? I did a simple search on Google but not smart enough to understand the answer to my question based on those results. What is it, what does it do, should I get rid of it?

Lilou ;)
  2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hi there. :)

Make sense? Give me the location of where the file resides. Are you having any actual malware issues or were you just questioning this file?
  3. LilouNeedsHelp

LilouNeedsHelp Private E-2

I haven't been looking for malware, which I should 'cause I probably have some. I was trying to find a program that would allow me to view and print my 'word expander' database. That is when I came across this file. Today when I went looking for UIU32m.exe, Windows Explorer says it is located here:

However, that is not where I was looking for software. I can't find another copy of this file anywhere else.

I have been running kinda slower than usual, so I was suspicious, but mostly curious.
  4. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Please go to Jotti's malware scan

(If more than one file needs scanned they must be done separately and logs posted for each one)
    • Copy the file path in the below Code box:
    • At the upload site, click the browse button.
    • Next click Submit file
    • Your file will possibly be entered into a queue which normally takes less than a minute to clear.
    • This will perform a scan across multiple different virus scanning engines.
    • Important: Wait for all of the scanning engines to complete.
    • Once the scan is finished, Copy and then Paste the link in the address bar into your next reply.