Uk Illigal Downloaders Beware!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 2-Bit-Geek, Aug 4, 2008.

1. 2-Bit-Geek

2-Bit-Geek Sergeant

Just a warning about an upcoming government plan to STOP illigal downloading of music, movies etc.

I can't fid much on the internet about it, you know go on Google and type ing "illigal downloads" and you'll find alot of crap but amongst that now you will find BBC news reports of the governments idea's to stop downloading. That might have some of you worried, it looks like it' just the forst step, a trial if you will. The top 6 majour ISP's are all invloved I don't know who they are but I know BT and Orange are involved, like I said I can't find much info about it. They have been given till April 09 to prove they are doing something to stop downloads, it looks like they will be capping your speed making it more difficult/impossible to download anything, thus pissing off Online gamers who have an in-house downloader lol

This may in fact work, I supose we'll find out within the year. All I know is that programs like Bit Torrent and UTorrent may still be of use after you've been capped and thhere are plans to make a legal service with sme of the record compay's, at first I heard £10-15 double in dollars I belive then more recently £30. This service is a pay per month subscription based delio and you have unlimited downlods, which I think is a little pricey but a great idea.

If anyone can get anymore info I'd greatful as I (casually) download mysellf and I would like to get back some music I lost recently, this is stuff you can't buy anymore. Thanx in advance.

:major 2-Bit-Geek :major

2. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds