Ulead DVD Software

Discussion in 'Software' started by Merijeek, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Merijeek

Merijeek Private E-2

Okay, I got roped into making some DVDs from some raw videos that a friend took of a gospel music festival.

Not a big deal, I'll just throw them into one of the two pieces of DVD software I have (DVD Workshop 2.0 and DVD Moviefactory 2se), have them crank away rendering overnight, and burn the things and be done with it.

[wayne]Shyeah, right![/wayne]

Anyways, here's what I've got going on.

I've got my source files. I've got a complete set in Quicktime and a complete set in .ASF.

I prefer Workshop over MovieFactory, mainly because it can support both formats, and gives me a bit more power in the menus. However, MovieFactory lets me easily burn a .ISO of the movies. Supposedly Workshop lets you do this, but, well, I can't see it.

But here's the biggest headaches.

First of all, I've been running them through AVOne AVI Converter to convert them to .AVI. The reason I'm doing this is because I just got Workshop, and MovieFactory can't handle .ASF or Quicktime.

Now, AVOne can convert to DVD, SVCD, VCD, MPEG1, MPEG2, and AVI. However, it seems that no matter what I do, both Ulead programs want to render them for the DVD.

There any way around that?

Second, and much biggest, is something that makes absolutely no sense. Here's what happens.

Open MovieFactory, select AVI files 1-20 and add them to the project. Wait a second for it to load them. Total size of my DVD is now about 3.7GB.

Open Workshop, select AVI files 1-20 and add them to the project. Wait a second for it to load them. Total size of my DVD is now 44.1GB. Not a typing error.

W.T.F?

How is that even the tiniest bit possible? Same files going in, supposedly same format coming out.

Anyone with any experience have any brilliant ideas?

-Joe

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds