uLTIMATE, HOME EDIT, PRO HOME EDITION...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Skysarge, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

Decided, kind of, to get Win 7. I currently use XP Pro.
    Read up on it, and with so many editions I got myself thoroughly confused.
    I will use it on my home computer. Besides occasional games, I edit/publish online newsletters for some groups, using MS Office publication. I do considerable net surfing chasing info for these. I do heavy duty email, so I will be looking for a good email client. I use T'bird but it has become unreliable and it seems is not going to be supported by Mozilla any longer.
    Had not planned on changing OS, but the XP program is full of anonomolies and the CD ain't up to snuff. New replacement discs are still a bit more that I think is their worth. So...
    Any blogs, articles, etc that would guide me through the mire of Win 7 programs?
    Thanks,
    Sarge

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

4. utownconcrete

utownconcrete Private E-2

i agree this has to be your first step and i know what you're going through i love xp and used it since it was released and all the way through to pretty much a few months ago but after my computer died i was dragged kicking and screaming to use windows 7 and i gotta say as long as your pc is up to spec it was a kinda seamless transition for me so don't be afraid of the thought of change, at least in this instance.

5. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Been meaning to ask about the advisor, myself.
    Thanks for the link pwillener.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds