Ultra Chill Tech CPU cooler.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CRASH101, Mar 21, 2007.

1. CRASH101

CRASH101 Private First Class

Ok after getting this HSF Tech cooler I set out to install it .
    Installation was fast and not all that complicated total time just under 30 min .
    After some testing I feel the need to share my results . ( I plan to do a more extensive test this weekend .)
    currently I am feeding the CPU 1.48 volts I have the CPU @ 3.30 GHz I am Idling at 22c -23c
    Running orthos ( to get both CORES at 100% ) the CPU reaches a temp of 35c - 37c .

Ok running @ an idle the fan speeds up and slows down like most every one has stated ( some what of an annoyance if you don't like this sorta thing .) once at full RPM not noticeable at all .
    All in all this is THE BEST HSF ever made ! Yes I would have to say even better than some Water cooling setup's .
    Why is it the best ?
    #1 not a hard install at all .
    #2 cools CPU better than any conventional HSF I have ever had .
    #3 no mess no nonsense . water cooling is a big worrie all the time is the pump going to go out ? will it leak ? hope I don't spill water when I fill the unit ..
    #4 if the peltier fails you still have cooling with the heat pipes and that is good as well .
    #5 cost for the price the cheapest water cooling rig could not do what this HSF can at the same price !
    #6 Looks . this is a real looker sleek and sexy !
    Over all this is a must buy if you are a heavy OC'er and gamer as I am .
    a must have for any one seeking a better alternative to the conventional HSF and water cooling just a great thing to have .

2. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

awesome

any pics of it installed?

BTW, hows that new RAM doin for ya? bee able to push your OC any further?

3. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

I would be interested in pictures, as well as the make or model. Another name for peltier cooler is TEC, Thermo Electric Cooler (doesn't have anything to do with the discussion, just thought you'd be interested). TECs are power hogs, and generate a lot of internal heat which they also pump to the hot side. I'm interested in where the location of the TEC to the rest of it is.

4. CRASH101

OK here are some great pic's I hope you like (I know I do!!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Idle temps are ....
    [​IMG]

Loaded temps are ....
    [​IMG]

This is with 1.47Volts to the Vcore too!! :hyper:dood
    Best cooler I have ever had hands down!

5. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

dang that thing is HUGE!!! how heavy is it? seems like it would be putting a lot of stress on the mobo. looks awesome though

6. CRASH101

Not that heavy at all . 508g

7. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

It's mostly hollow.

Very well lit up, isn't it.

It appears the TEC is right next to the CPU. If it is then be sure your alarms are set, TECs die without warning (no reason to worry, being solid state they last a while). I've thought about adding one inside a case, of the variaty that is used for ice chests. Wasn't going to use it for the CPU directly, just cool down the case. When I get a chance I'll send pictures of it, sucker takes 12VDC @ 4A, and is pretty large.

8. CRASH101

Well if it does die there is the backup heat pipes to help as well ;)

9. CRASH101

Check it out I put a fan on the back as well to help push the heat away it seems to have worked as the temps as going lower by 3c! :cool:cool

Attached Files:

10. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

Where did you get that sucker, and on what cpu?

11. CRASH101

Tiger direct and it is on a 4000+ AM2 @3.0GHz with 1.5Volts ! :p

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds