un instal nvidia driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by rockerz, Mar 1, 2006.

1. rockerz

rockerz Private First Class

how to un instal nvdia driver

i think its making my pc to re boot always

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Which OS?

If a version of XP or above you could try ( if you had a previous ok working nVidia driver ) driver rollback, goto Device Manager > choose Display Adapter > Driver and click Roll Back.

or if you wish to remove goto Add/Remove, but on reboot it will generally re-install the default MS GFX driver which may not support colour/screen resolutions of a genuine nVidia driver so you will have to install a previous version, that the one thats possibly causing a problem.

What also makes you think its a GFX driver thats causeing the re-boot?

3. maybeok

maybeok Private First Class

To uninstal nvidia driver

To do a "CLEAN UNINSTALL"

Download the = FREE Driver Clean Pro = and install = from; http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3214.html

When you use the Driver Claen Pro, please note you must follow the instructions to the letter. Instructions found as a = “Read ME" = file found with = “Driver Clean Pro” = in your Windows XP Program Menu = [Do not forget locate NVIDIA in the dropdown Menu and also check the box in the Driver clean pro "Add Files"???

Providing you have the program for your Graphics Card [Or download to have the the program for same] = you can Uninstall the NVIDIA program from = Add and Remove = Cancel out of the auto install hardware wizard = check and make sure the uninstalling has deleted the NVIDIA Program folder from = C/Drive = [or Programs Folder =or do a look for in search for NVIDIA] if find the program folder is present I suggest you delete same. [I found in using = Add and Remove = that sometimes the NVIDIA Program folder and data was not deleled]

Hope may help!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2006
  4. rockerz

rockerz Private First Class

ithink this isthe reason because i already change my power supply cpu and motherboard and i still got this prob

i m using xp 64bits and 1 gifg ram
    asus a8n sli mother board
    the first boot always goes to bios
    do anyone know why

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

The information to your question is in either of the two posts above yours, in how to un-install the nVidia driver.

Do you have the latest nVidia 64bit driver version installed?

Have you booted to safe mode to see if that helps?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds