Unable to access a specific website

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by squint85743, May 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squint85743

squint85743 Private E-2

I hope maybe you have some ideas to clear up this problem. The reason this is a real problem is that the website that cannot be accessed is the family's nonprofit foundation.

Two computers connected to a linksys router. One computer running xp and wired directly. The other computer running vista and connected via wireless network. Neither computer is able to access pimamotorsportspark.com.

I have deleted all the browser history and links. I have run ipconfig /flushdns. I have even moved them over to OpenDns.

Now the really interesting part. Their son comes over and connects his laptop to the router via the wireless network; and he is able to go right to the website.

I have run out of ideas. Any thing to try would be appreciated.

2. squint85743

squint85743 Private E-2

Both systems are on ie7. I am going to move them to firefox just for a test.

3. Pygm4li0n

Pygm4li0n Private E-2

I have almost exactly the same problem..

don't know should I make my own thread, if so somebody please tell me so..

I already tried on the malware department, but after we learned I was malware free, kind gent sent me here..

here's the copy/past part of my original thread..

Few days ago, my firefox browser started to refuse to load the www.facebook.com, in fact it loads the login page, but then lingers forever on the next step stating; "waiting for the static.ak.fbcdn.net" or "Transferring data from the static.ak.fbcdn.net" First I thought it's something with their server, or my ISP, but then I learned that all my friends that are on the same ISP aren't having similar problems what so ever. I thought it might be my wireless internet rooter, but with my Laptop connected wireless upon the same rooter everything's coming up roses, while parallel on my Main rig, it loads n' loads forever ;( Only way I can get into the FB is over the glitterproxy.com, and even then my possibilities are very limited - example; I can not click upon any app or send any msg. I think I already tried everything.. Even power cycling the rooter, dns flush etc..

does anyone have any sort of idea about this ?

4. Monged4life

Monged4life Private E-2

I have exactly the same problem as you Pygm4li0n. From about a week ago now my Facebook homepage will load, but then just sit there, any 'post' button or link won't work, it just says "waiting for the static.ak.fbcdn.net" for 5 seconds then Done in the corner without actually doing anything.

I can guarantee it's not Wireless related because I'm not on Wireless... I thought it might be something to do with Java but reinstalling that has made no difference. This happens on IE and Firefox.

Anyone know what it's about?

5. squint85743

squint85743 Private E-2

Have you tried using a different browser? I think it is probably not going to work, but try everything is my motto. Try emailing this guy, he is very good and he got right back to me.
    dave@davemason.com

6. squint85743

squint85743 Private E-2

I tried Firefox and a get the same result. Very strange problem.

7. Pygm4li0n

Pygm4li0n Private E-2

yeah, I'd like to think that also, but why is it that everything's fine with the site when on my laptop, or my gf's rig ? Works like a charm..

I'm beginning to think it's some sort of work of higher power! Trying to save few of us 'worthy ones' from the global plague of Fecesbook :-D

I don't know what to think, it's like fb has became allergic to some secret signature of my current hardware..

8. Pygm4li0n

Pygm4li0n Private E-2

yup, these r my symptoms too, to the last detail..

:wave

9. Pygm4li0n

Pygm4li0n Private E-2

ok guys, newsflash! My fb just started working.. just like that.. :confused

strange rolleyes

10. bigpelara

bigpelara Private E-2

Did anyone sort this out? I have exactly the same problem for the last several days (I use Firefox). I've scanned with anti rootkit and done everything else I can think of. :(

11. squint85743

squint85743 Private E-2

12. Maheshi Pieris

Maheshi Pieris Private E-2

:confused

13. ANDREXITO R.

ANDREXITO R. Private E-2

SAME HERE!!! and not only facebook, the hi5 is with the same problem, and im using google chrome or internet explorer... i guess is some kind of phishing? man im crazy... HELP WANTED!!!

14. Pygm4li0n

Pygm4li0n Private E-2

ok, man I'm sorry to inform you that I never found out was was the reason of this occurance ;/ after a while, it simply started to load again.. and it works till today without such glitches,.. I kinda miss those problem, 'couse these days I waste a few hours daily on that shitty site (fb)

If u realy must visit the page, try temporarily load it through some proxy server.. it sort of worked for me while it was broken.

Cheers ! :major

15. redhotzz

redhotzz Private E-2

I noticed this 'ak.facdn.net' issue on Christmas morning at 0300 when my son asked me if I'd sent his computer a Christmas card. He said it was a "bad" card. When I went up to see the card, it was a card, but NOT the card I'd sent. Whatever it is, it took my whole Yahoo contacts list and sent everyone on it a crappy Christmas card. I use Firefox as my browser.
    I have malware/antimalware, I have firewalls, AND security on my computer. I've run them all daily and reformatted my computer for the last 2 days....and logged onto Facebook tonight and there it was again!!! Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
    I found an answer @ a11new.com/1092/static-ak-fbcnd-net-phishing. If anyone finds out different please let me know!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds