Unable to access a specific website?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nishant5456, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Nishant5456

Nishant5456 Private E-2

I am unable to access Nexon.net and it seems its not malware or anything, I keep getting "The connection has timed out" error on Firefox and the unable to load error on Internet Explorer.

Any help?

2. kipfeet

kipfeet Corporal

You have the same-named thread in the Networking forum....have you checked it?
    Perhaps a moderator can move that thread here if here is where you want it.

3. holiday

holiday Private E-2

Clear your browser's cache, shutdown any firewall software you maybe running, if you have a router check to make sure it's not blocking you. Try a proxy service such as hidemyass to see if you can reach Nexon.net. Hope this helps.

4. Nishant5456

Nishant5456 Private E-2

I tried doing the proxy thing you said, it seems to work with a proxy...is there anything I can do to make it work without a proxy?

Also, how do I make sure that the router is not blocking me?

5. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

you could flush your dns

goto a command prompt and type ipconfig /flushdns

If that doesn't work, you may need to reset your tcp/ip stack.

1. To open a command prompt, click Start and then click Run. Copy and paste (or type) the following command in the Open box and then press ENTER:
    cmd
    2. At the command prompt, copy and paste (or type) the following command and then press ENTER:
    netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
    Note If you do not want to specify a directory path for the log file, use the following command:
    netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
    3. Reboot the computer.

6. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Log in to your router; the IP varies from router to router, but some common ones are: 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1; 192.168.100.1. Simply type the IP address in to your browsers address bar. You should be presented with a login screen. Again, the default login info varies from router to router, but some common login info is: admin for both the user name and password; admin for the user name and password for the password; user for the user name and password; admin for the user name and nothing for the password (leave it blank); or any combination of these. The exact IP and login info can be found in the router manual which is freely available at the router makers web site. If the login info doesn't work, then the router has been programmed, and you'll need the login info to access the settings, or you will need to reset to defaults using the reset button and a straightened out paper clip. You could also check your hosts file; it can be found here: C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc and you'll right click it, select "Open with...." and select Notepad. Look through it for the site that's being blocked; if you find the entry, delete it and save your hosts file, close it, and restart your browser.
    GOOD LUCK!

7. Nishant5456

Nishant5456 Private E-2

Thanks to Holiday, Motc7 and dlb, I fixed it!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the great help, MajorGeeks.com always helped me ;)

Keep the great work up! :wave

8. Nishant5456

Nishant5456 Private E-2

The websites seem to be running fine but I am getting this:

Local Area Connection 6 has Limited or no connectivity.

So I checked what Local Area Connection 6 is, and its Microsoft Loopback Adapter.I disabled it and the problem seems to be gone.Any idea what caused this and should I keep it disabled?

9. Nishant5456

Nishant5456 Private E-2

Never mind, I got it working, thanks for the help guys!

10. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

So what fixed it for you exactly?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds