Unable To Access Certain Sites "dns_probe_finished_nxdomain"

Discussion in 'Software' started by RGW, Nov 9, 2016.

1. RGW

RGW Private E-2

On my laptop, I'm unable to access several popular sites, such as Twitter and even MajorGeeks!

I tried searching the error code online, but couldn't find a fix for the latest version of Windows. Also, both Chrome and Firefox were giving me error messages. Can anyone offer assistance on what to do about the following error messages? Thanks.

Chrome:
    This site can’t be reached
    twitter.com’s server DNS address could not be found.
    DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Firefox:
    Server not found

Firefox can’t find the server at twitter.com.

Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Download and run Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Portable.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/tweaking_com_windows_repair_portable.html

Run the software in Safe Mode with Networking.
    If you are confident there are no other problems, go directly to the Repairs tab.
    Ensure the following are selected: (the numbers might differ)
    09 - Repair Hosts File
    13 - Repair Network
    15 - Repair Proxy Settings
    Click Start Repairs.
    Restart your PC.

RGW likes this.
  3. incrediblehulk

incrediblehulk Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds