Unable to adjust display settings

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by geekygurl, May 25, 2005.

1. geekygurl

geekygurl Private E-2

Background:

Had tons of ad and spyware, so found this site and explicitly followed directions for scanning and cleaning up. Had great results, but when I went to reboot into normal mode from safe mode, I at first thought it was continuing to boot in safe mode because the graphics display made it appear so. I then realized that it did not have the 'safe mode' labels in the corners, so I thought it was simply a matter of changing the display settings, but the only color option it's now showing is 16 colors, and the only resolution option is 640 x 480.

There was an error when I rebooted saying that msvcrt20.dll could not be found, so I located a ZIP file on this site and placed it where it belongs in the C:/windows/system folder, then rebooted again, but it's still not working. It's a Samsung 21" SyncMaster 955DF Monitor if that helps, and I'm running Windows 98.

Thanks so much.

2. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

Sounds like you need to reinstall the drivers for your video card.

3. geekygurl

geekygurl Private E-2

Yup. My sister just helped me figure that out. All better now.

Thanks for your help! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds