Unable to boot Sony Vaio VPCEH25EN

Discussion in 'Software' started by sonyvaio25en, Apr 30, 2014.

1. sonyvaio25en

sonyvaio25en Private E-2

Re: Sony Vaio Blue screen keeps restarting

Hi, my Sony Vaio VPCEH25EN which runs on windows 7, And I'm not sure about the service packs. It has Microsoft installed If that's any help, but my problem is when i start my Vaio up the Vaio sign lights up and a green square is behind it, it then goes to the "starting windows" with its logo and straight after restarts again, it doesn't allow me to pick safe mode or any mode only the option to pick "launch repair" or "start windows normally" and if I pick normal it will do the same thing, repair has done nothing, I can't restore as it doesn't let me.
    SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Keep tapping F2 before you see "starting Windows". This gets you into the BIOS.
    Set the items to boot as 1. optical drive 2. external media 3. hard drive.

If you created a system repair disk, now is the time to use it. If you did not, get someone to create one for you. Important You need to know if Win 7 is 32 bit or 64 bit. You can't use a 32 bit disk to repair a 64 nit Win 7 system. Likewise, you can't use a 64 bit disk to repair a 32 bit Win 7 install.

Instructions here: http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-7/create-a-windows-7-system-repair-disc/

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds